Adopt A Cop BJJ Rules and Requirements
Adopt A Cop BJJ is a program intended to help support active duty police officers that interact daily with the public. We provide officers with a sponsorship to attend Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training at a local gym of their choice until they achieve the rank of Blue belt.
- This is an attendance based program. Officers are required to attend at least 1 class per week. We monitor attendance through weekly posts on the @adoptacopbjj Instagram.
- If you do not have an Instagram you will not qualify for the Adopt A Cop BJJ program. You may create one under an alias if you are concerned or obligated by your department; posting is mandatory in order to create content for our page and encourage more people to donate.
- Post a photo at least once a week on Instagram tagging @adoptacopbjj with a caption reflecting how the training and this program are benefiting you as an officer etc. and we will mark your attendance for that week. Attendance posts are due by Sunday of every week.
- If you miss 3 weeks of training your sponsorship will be revoked so that other officers who want to train will have that opportunity.
- You are required to let us know if you get injured and are not able to train.
Payments and Process
- Payments are reimbursed through PayPal.
- After submitting your application an email will be sent informing you of your acceptance to the Adopt A Cop BJJ program. If your gym is not already an affiliate, they will be put on our call list. A faster way to get your gym to join as an affiliate is to tell them about our program and show them our website. There is an affiliate gym tab with all of the relative information.
- Once enrolled you are required to put a form of payment on file with the gym and make the monthly payments. Adopt A Cop BJJ affiliate gyms offer a special rate of $50 per month for our programs enrolled officers meaning your training would be free after reimbursement. If you decide to attend a gym that does not support our program, we will reimburse you $50 toward your membership each month.
- After signing your waivers, notify us via email and provide the date of your first class.
- At this point you will be officially enrolled in the Adopt A Cop BJJ program. We will then track your attendance weekly beginning with your provided date.
- You will be eligible for reimbursement after four consecutive weeks of training if all attendance and social media requirements are completed. If you do not make the required post, your attendance will not be counted for that week.
- Submit a reimbursement request through the "Officer Reimbursement Request" tab on our website. Please note that we have two payment schedules: requests received on the 1st-14th are paid on the 15th of the current month, and requests received on the 15th-31st of the month are paid on the 1st of the following month.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Military Police, Border Patrol, Correctional Officers, Federal Officers, and Government Agents do not qualify for this program.
*Rules are subject to change.
*Currently operating in the United States only.
*All applications submitted will be going on our waitlist*