Adopt A Cop BJJ Rules and Requirements
Adopt A Cop BJJ is a program intended to help support active duty police officers that interact daily with the public. We provide officers with a sponsorship to attend Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training at a local gym of their choice until they achieve the rank of Blue belt.
- This is an attendance based program. Officers are required to attend at least 1 class per week. We monitor attendance through weekly posts on the @adoptacopbjj Instagram.
- If you do not have an Instagram you will not qualify for the Adopt A Cop BJJ program. You may create one under an alias if you are concerned or obligated by your department; posting is mandatory in order to create content for our page and encourage more people to donate.
- Post a photo at least once a week on Instagram tagging @adoptacopbjj with a caption reflecting how the training and this program are benefiting you as an officer etc. and we will mark your attendance for that week. Attendance posts are due by Sunday of every week.
- If you miss 3 weeks of training your sponsorship will be revoked so that other officers who want to train will have that opportunity.
- You are required to let us know if you get injured and are not able to train.
Payments and Process
- Payments are reimbursed through Zelle money transfer service.
- After submitting your application an email will be sent informing you of your acceptance to the Adopt A Cop BJJ program. We will then contact your choice of gym to see if they would like to become an Adopt A Cop BJJ affiliate.
- Once enrolled you are required to put a form of payment on file with the gym and make the monthly payments. Adopt A Cop BJJ affiliate gyms offer a special rate of $50 per month for our programs enrolled officers meaning your training would be free after reimbursement. If you decide to attend a gym that does not support our program, we will reimburse you $50 toward your membership each month.
- After signing your waivers, notify us via email and provide the date of your first class.
- At this point you will be officially enrolled in the Adopt A Cop BJJ program. We will then track your attendance weekly beginning with your provided date.
- You will be eligible for reimbursement on the 1st or 15th of every month depending on when you sign up if all attendance and social media requirements are completed. If you do not make the required posts, your attendance will not be counted for that week.
- Submit a reimbursement form along with the receipt from your gym via email to email@example.com to receive your initial and monthly payments back. Reimbursement each month will be processed this way. It will ensure enrolled officers are taking the program and attendance seriously.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Military Police, Border Patrol, Correctional Officers, and Government Agents do not qualify for this program.
*Rules are subject to change.
*Currently operating in the United States only.